01/03/2013

Geo Mimi Cafe Latte Brown

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I have received a pair of Geo Mimi Cafe Latte Brown circle lenses from Mukuchu a while ago and I took some time to try them out before posting about them here. First of all, its name is so cute! The other lenses from the series are called Macchiato, Waffle and Cappuccino. How cute is that? They are of course all brown toned, mimicking the hot drinks they're named after. Except Waffle, of course. You get me!
I've tried many lenses in the past, but these came in the prettiest packaging of all. The little cardboard box you see in the pictures contains the two glass vials and the contact lenses case, as well. I think that's really useful for storage, too!
Anyway, onto the actual lenses. There's a reason you won't find any good photos of me wearing these lenses. I tried to put them on for 20 minutes, but they were so uncomfortable and I had to take them of almost immediately. I fear that happened because I'm not that used to wearing circle lenses anymore! That's a shame because these are so pretty! It could also be because they're huge (let's not forget they have 15.0mm diameter!) and I prefer wearing smaller lenses. I have read several reviews of this type of lens and they all are pretty much positive on that aspect :(
While not being very easy to wear, they have a very pretty design. Since the center is clear and the outside is marked with a brown rim, I find that they mix pretty well with my natural iris colour, making my eye look insanely big! I bet they look amazing with falsies and a nice eye make up.. too bad I'm scared to wear them again :(

Have you ever tried the Geo Mimi Cafe Latte Brown lenses? What do you think about them?


Photobucket

Photobucket

The only two photos I managed to take with these on T^T the shine you see on the right corner of my eye is actually tears. My eyes were watering like crazy! I'm sorry!

8 comments:

  1. pretty ^^
    love the flower pattern on your eyes <3

    beautyfoodlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely, I've had my 'eye' on them for quite some time now (no pun intended). I get what you mean by them looking slightly scary without make-up. I find a lot of bigger sized lenses look really over the top if you haven't got a good amount of make up on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, absolutely.. some lenses require at least eyeliner on upper and lower lashline, if not even falsies!

      Delete
  3. The pattern on the lenses look pretty, but I am not keen as mustard about the diameter. I like to keep the enlargement subtle, so nothing over 14.2 for me or else my eyes would look creepy as hell. And I know that some people can pull them off, but I certainly can't. :( Maybe one day I will try out 14.5 since there are lots of pretty lenses with those diameters out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you, I like lenses which offer minimum enlargement. These are insane! They're more targeted towards gyarus, cosplays and so on. That's such a shame because the design looks so pretty!

      Delete
  4. beautiful pattern! love them on your eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Carinissime, vorrei provare qualche lente colorata ma non avendole mai messe... credo risulterà un po' difficile e mi farebbe un po' di senso?! Mah, chissà... Comunque queste sono molto belline!! Peccato che non riesci più a sopportarle... =/

    ReplyDelete