14/09/2013

Quick reviews #1

 maybelline rocket mascara

For today's post, I decided to write short reviews for three products that, in my opinion, don't deserve a post all for themselves - they aren't necessarily bad products, there simply isn't enough to write about them!

I usually do single posts about nail polishes I like, but since this Dior Gold Nail Lacquer #148 was part of a limited collection and you can't purchase it anymore, I felt like there was no point in writing about a product that is so hard to get hold of. Anyway, I got this nail polish in a swap through Depop (it's an iPhone app that is kinda like eBay), hence the fact that it has no cap. I wonder if I can purchase one somewhere.. anyway, back to the nail polish. It's a gorgeous yellow gold shade with a foil finish, which I love! It's actually very similar to one of my favourite H&M nail polishes, 'Golden Treasure'. The Dior one applies like a dream and it's opaque in one coat, it's actually one of the best formulas I've ever tried.

 dior nail polish

As you can see from the half-empty bottle, I've been using the Nivea Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Make-up Remover for a while now and I like it so and so. It's a two-phase cleanser with an oil phase (the blue part) and an aqueous one. What I don't really like about this product is that when you shake the bottle to mix the two parts of the cleanser, you have to be really fast to pour it on the cotton wool otherwise they will separate again and you'll have to shake the bottle again. In fact, you can see that there's more oil than water left in my bottle, so I will be soon left with the oil part only. It removes my eye make-up pretty well, but I don't think I'm going to repurchase it straight away because I would like to try something else.

The third product I will be mentioning today is the Maybelline The Rocket Volum'Express mascara, which I've been using since June. This mascara has really started working for me only a month after I opened it - does this ever happen to you too? I understand that it has to dry up a bit, but it cannot take a whole month! I originally tried this mascara because everybody was crazy about it, but for me it's not a revolutionary mascara. I'm actually starting to think that I liked my Avon Supershock better! What do you think about Maybelline The Rocket? 

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I've opened my maybelline rocket mascara for 2 weeks now but it still too wet for my flimsy lashes. I really hope it'll work great once it gets drier!

    ReplyDelete