08/08/2013

Maybelline Color Whisper in Lust for Blush

Maybelline Colour Whisper in Lust for Blush

 Maybelline Colour Whisper in Lust for Blush

I know, I know. The Maybelline Color Whispers have been out for months now, but hey - better late than never! I got mine, which is in the shade Lust for Blush, a couple months ago. The packaging looks so pretty, almost prettier than the Revlon Lip Butters (the Color Whispers are supposed to be dupes for those): the cursive font looks lovely, and I like the fact that the tube matches the actual shade of the lipstick. Unfortunately, the packaging is all I love about this product. Why? First of all, the shade is not the right one for me, but I guess that's my mistake. After all, there are 20 shades in the Color Whisper range, so I may have picked the only one that doesn't suit me! That's the bad side of shopping online. However, 'Lust for Blush' is a cool toned light pink and it reminds me of Topshop Innocent a bit - both don't suit me at all! All cool toned pinks make my teeth look yellower than they are, and I hate that. 
Moreover, I don't like the formula and finish. It has a creamy texture which settles in the fine lines of my lips, it's more opaque than my Revlon Lip Butters and L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm which I absolutely love, although it doesn't have any shimmer in it (which is nice). I feel like the product is sitting on the top of my lips - it's suffocating
I haven't tested this lipstick outside the house, so unfortunately I can't tell you about the lasting power. 
Maybe it's the fact that I picked the wrong shade that ruined the whole thing for me, but I don't like this product very much. What do you think about the Maybelline Color Whispers?


Maybelline Colour Whisper in Lust for Blush

1 comment: