07/08/2012

When in Florence

Photobucket


















I was finally able to break my shopping ban last week! I'd been saving for my trip to Florence for so long! I didn't buy much because the prices are insanely high there, but I do enjoy everything that I got. The first shop that I wanted to check out was of course MAC, because -as you will probably know by now- I don't have a MAC store where I live. Since I've been trying to switch to high-end cosmetics "face-wise" since January, I purchased a Studio Finish Concealer for €20. Now I finally know that my skin shade is NC20! I used it just a few times so I don't know what I think about it yet, but I bet I'll be using it every single day from now on!

Photobucket

The other thing that I got from MAC is a lipstick in Modesty. The shade matches my natural lip colour almost perfectly, and the cremesheen finish makes it a very natural lipstick overall. I think it'd be perfect for both Summer and Winter time, so I'm very happy to have bought it!

Photobucket

The Sephora store in Florence was amazing. Smaller than the one in my town, but much more awesome! It had BareMinerals, Urban Decay, OPI.. I wanted to get the Naked 2 so badly, but thankfully I didn't. I just got the BHCosmetics 88 Neutral Colors palette, and if I got the other palette I would have forgotten about it and never used it! It would have been a waste of money, so I'm glad I didn't get it - although I still want it so much! 
Anyway, I ended up getting an OPI nail polish. Don't ask me why I didn't take some nail polish and nail polish remover with me! The nail polish I left home with was starting to peel off, I just had to get another one.. so I got OPI's Red My Fortune Cookie! It's a beautiful coral red that I always like to wear in the summer. After buying it, I removed my old nail polish using Sephora Smooth Nail Remover (unexpensive, doesn't work very much) and applied it sitting in a little park with my friends. It went on like a dream and applied super fast! I wouldn't expect nothing less from a product worth €13,50!

Photobucket

I was finally able to get my hands on Lush Tea Tree Water (Acqua di Luna in Italian)! I got a small bottle so I can try it and see if I like it. I really like the fact that it's a spray toner - for some reason I think it's more hygienic than the ones you have to put on a cotton pad! I'll probably do a whole review on this product so stay tuned :)

5 comments:

  1. Oooh, i love your haul, especially the lipstick! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love the way you take photos. it inspires me to do hauls too!

    angeldiamante.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice little haul :) MAC Modesty looks great!

    ReplyDelete