22/08/2012

Majolica Majorca Skin Lingerie Pore Cover

Photobucket

This item was part of a swap with a South Korean girl I posted about a while ago. You probably all know by now how crazy I am about Asian make-up, right? So back when I was choosing the items I wanted to swap for, I realized a primer was missing from my foundation routine and I thought I could get a Majolica Majorca one. Why did I?? I knew that Asian "skin related make-up" almost never works on my skin, but I wanted this to work so badly, just because it looks prettier than any Porefessional or Prep+Prime. So I really wasn't surprised when I realized it wasn't doing anything to brighten my skin/reduce pores or redness or blemishes, just a bit sad. I have tried it a few times and each time I'd say "it's gonna work", but it didn't. Majolica Majorca Skin Lingerie Pore Cover retails for about $25, so it's not that cheap. I believe it also broke me out a bit, but my skin is very troublesome at the moment anyway. 

Photobucket

The product, as you can see from the photos, comes in a tube. Oh my, such a pretty tube. If you squeeze a bit on the back of your hand, it looks just like foundation (yellowy-beige colour). Once applied all over the face, it doesn't completely disappear: I feel like my skin looks a bit more pink. I then put my Chanel Vitalumière Aqua (mind you, this foundation does a great job of reducing the appearance of pores and brightening the skin on its own), and I couldn't see any difference. In some places where my foundation on its own makes my pores disappear, nothing has happened. 

Photobucket

Anyway, I should have known: this primer is not marketed for Caucasian people. I'm a bit sad to have wasted the money.
Have you ever had any experience with Majolica Majorca Skin Lingerie Pore Cover, or with another primer from an Asian brand?

3 comments:

  1. Great post! I really love your blog :)

    outfit/feel so close♥blog
    bookface page

    I would really appreciate if you would check out my facebook page and I'd love to follow you if you do the same for me^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to know someone from Italy who loves korean/japanese brands! I'm from the Philippines btw. Just followed you, great blog!

    Hope you can support a newbie blogger! :)
    http://somegirlnamedjem.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's such a shame! I'm thinking of getting this but now I guess I'll stick to my usual porefessional =(

    ReplyDelete