30/11/2013

Avène Eau Thermale VS Bionike Defence Tolerance Soothing Droplets

 Avène Eau Thermal Bionike Defence Tolerance Soothing Droplets

A few weeks ago I went back home from uni for a few days, and when I opened my travel make-up bag I realized I had forgotten to bring my beloved Avène Eau Thermale! I went shopping later in the day, so I decided to pick up the only similar product that I could find - the  Bionike Defence Tolerance Soothing Droplets. I'm not sure whether Bionike is available in other countries other than Italy; anyway, it's an Italian high quality pharmacy brand. I've been using their deodorant for years and their Defence Sun sunscreen (review here) this past summer, so I decided to try their soothing water out. Did I like it better than the Avène? Let's find out.

Both products claim to soothe the skin and provide freshness and relief; also, they can be used after shaving or waxing, on sunburns, etc. I mainly use thermal waters after glycolic acid peelings that my dermatologist does on my face, and when my skin feels itchy (which happens very often). I tested the Avène Eau Thermale and the Bionike Defence Tolerance Soothing Droplets in both situations and they acted in similar ways.

But, there's a but. I much prefer the Avène Eau Thermale for different reasons: it feels slightly more refreshing and it definitely perks my skin up more. Also, I find the nozzle gives a much finer mist than the Bionike's, which is pretty difficult to press down as well. But the thing I dislike the most about the Bionike Defence Tolerance Soothing Droplets must be the scent and taste: it smells like some solution a dentist would use (which brings back many unpleasant memories to my mind), and it has a weird taste too, while the Avene doesn't have one. All in all, I trust the Avène Eau Thermale more as it's just water, while the Bionike product is made in a laboratory made. Simple is better :) 

Have you ever tried any of the two products? Are you a thermal water kinda person? ;)


Alcune settimane fa sono tornata a casa dall'università per un po' di giorni, e quando ho aperto il mio beauty case mi sono accorta che mi ero dimenticata di portare la mia adorata Acqua Termale Avène! Quel giorno sono andata a fare shopping, quindi già che mi ci trovato ho deciso di acquistare l'unico prodotto simile che sono riuscita a trovare, ossia le Micro-gocce Lenitive di Bionike della linea Defence Tolarence. Ho usato il deodorante di Bionike per anni e ho provato lo schermo solare Defence Sun (review qui) la scorsa estate, quindi ho deciso di trovare anche la loro acqua lenitiva. Mi è piaciuta più di quella Avène? Scopriamolo insieme!

Entrambi i prodotti affermano di lenire la pelle e dare freschezza e sollievo; possono essere anche usati dopo la depilazione o sulle scottature da sole, ecc. In genere io uso l'acqua termale dopo i peeling all'acido glicolico che faccio dalla dermatologa, e quando sento del prurito in viso (il che succede piuttosto spesso). Ho testato l'Acqua Termale Avène e le Micro-gocce Lenitive di Bionike in entrambe le situazioni, e hanno avuto un effetto piuttosto simile.

Ma, c'è un ma. Preferisco molto l'Acqua Termale Avène per diverse ragioni: è un po' più rinfrescante e decisamente ravviva di più la mia pelle. Inoltre, trovo che l'erogatore dia una 'nebbiolina' più fine rispetto a quello delle Micro-gocce Bionike, che tra l'altro è anche piuttosto difficile da premere. Ma la cosa che mi piace di meno del prodotto Bionike è l'odore e il sapore: profuma di qualche strana soluzione da dentista (il che mi riporta alla mente un bel po' di ricordi sgradevoli) e ha anche uno strano sapore, mentre l'Avène non ne ha uno. In fin dei conti, mi fido di più dell'Acqua Termale Avène perchè è solo acqua, mentre le Micro-gocce Bionike sono fatte in un laboratorio. Semplice è meglio :)

Avete mai provato uno dei due prodotti? Usate l' acqua termale come me? ;)

1 comment:

  1. I love Avene products, I have the Eau Thermale and use it all the time :)
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete