29/07/2013

Essence I ♥ stage eyeshadow base

essence I love stage

 essence I love stage

About a month ago I picked up the Essence I ♥ stage eyeshadow base because I'd never tried an eye primer (I know, I know) and I wanted to try one without spending too much money. In fact, 99% of Essence products cost less than €5, so it's the perfect brand for make-up newbies! I think one of my first ever lipsticks was from Essence.. but that's another story. 

The Essence I ♥ stage eyeshadow base looks pretty much like a concealer, in that it comes with a doe foot applicator and it has a skintone colour, with a rather yellow undertone. It has a good consistency and it's easy to blend. A little goes a long way, too: I only need two small drops to cover the entire eyelid. Apart from making the eyeshadow colour be more vibrant -which is always a plus- it prevents the eyeshadows from creasing, which is what I was looking for! I usually wear eyeshadow for not longer than 5-6 hours, but this product definitely prolongs the wear of any eyeshadow I'm wearing on top. All this at a ridiculously inexpensive price - only €2,49!

What are your thoughts on the Essence I ♥ stage eyeshadow base? Have you ever tried anything from Essence? 

3 comments:

  1. oooh glad it doesn't crease! I hate it when my eyeshadow creases...

    Sarah x
    sarahloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I've been using this product for a long time, before I found my MAC Paint Pot 'Painterly' which I now use as base:) But I think it's a great product and it really works:)

    xxx

    Mia's Little Corner

    ReplyDelete