08/02/2013

Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting primer

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Last month I purchased a Smashbox Photo Finish Color Correcting primer in Adjust on a whim. You know that feeling when you're making a mistake buying something expensive but you're in front of the cashier and you just can't turn around and run away? That's what I felt when I purchased this. I knew it was a mistake since the beginning, and I wasn't wrong. After I gifted the beauty store with €47, I went back home and looked for reviews of the product on Makeupalley.com.. 90% of them were negative. Still kinda hoping the primer would work on me, I applied it on my face and... it did not do anything. The consistency, though, was super silky and it glided on my skin extremely easily; but the thought of having pure silicone (that's what made it so silky soft) on my already problematic skin made me feel claustrophobic. I gave it another few tries (by itself, with a water-based foundation, with an oil-based foundation) but truthfully, I just wasn't enjoying it. I have acne-prone skin and I often have spots, but at the moment my biggest problem is acne scarring. This Smashbox primer did absolutely anything to help with that. I don't know about the other primers from the Smashbox range, but I think this one is no good.

Have you ever tried it? Do you have any suggestions for a good primer?

2 comments:

  1. This primer is no good. you should try the original photo finish. It's much better :)

    ReplyDelete