15/11/2014

Avène Micellar Lotion - Better Than Bioderma?

 Avene Micellar Lotion Review

As much as I love and use Bioderma H2O every single day, I'm always looking for a dupe - not because I'm getting bored of it, but because I want to find something that works even better. You know by now that my love for Avène products is big, so when I saw they had a micellar lotion I had to test it out! 

The Avène Micellar Lotion is a clear liquid make-up remover, and just like Bioderma it looks and feels just like fresh water. It has the typical fresh Avène water scent which I really enjoy - it makes me feel cleaner, is that even possible?
I generally like to remove the bulk of my make-up using the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish and and then do a second cleanse using a micellar water, but I have tested the Avène micellar water alone as well. It takes off face make-up very well: generally my skin is perfectly clean using one cotton round for each side of my face. However, I find it not as efficient as Bioderma in removing eye make-up. It does a great job for sure, but a few times I woke up the next day with slight mascara residue under my lower lashline. 

As like every Avène product I have tried so far, it's extremely gentle on the skin: it doesn't burn or leave my skin feel tight, even around the eye area, nor does it leave any kind of residue behind. It's so refreshing and uplifting that sometimes I even use it during the day when I feel my skin getting a bit oily and gross. I love it! 

Is it any better than Bioderma? I think there's not much difference between Bioderma and the Avène Micellar Lotion. Both are targeted towards sensitive skin-types and would be perfect for acne-prone skin. They even are in the same price range (they cost about 12 euros) and I really enjoy both of them, so I guess I'll just have them on rotation :)   

Have you tried the Avène Micellar Lotion? What's the best Bioderma dupe in your opinion?

No comments:

Post a Comment