14/07/2014

My Roaccutane Experience: Month 4 & 5

Roaccutane Experience

Here I am with the final installment of my blog post series about my Roaccutane experience! I have stopped taking isotretinoin exactly a month ago, so keep on reading if you want to know what I honestly think about the treatment.

During the 4th and 5th month of treatment (April and June) I felt like my skin was changing from dry to normal - for example, I didn't have to moisturize my hands or lips every five minutes like in the previous months. Also, I started noticing that my nose was a tiny bit shiny at the end of the day! I don't know why this happened because I was still taking the same amount of Isotretinoin (40mg per day), maybe my body was just getting used to it or because of the warmer temperature. I had my blood tests done like every month, and thankfully everything was alright on that front. 

As I have said before, I have stopped taking vitamin A one month ago. During this time I haven't had any breakouts, but my skin has definitely become more oily than it was during the treatment - still, it's way less oily than it was before the treatment. Also, I noticed the only oily areas now are my forehead and nose area, whereas before it was basically my whole face. It's a normal amount of oiliness :) 

My skin is still very fragile and sensitive: if I squeeze one of the very few blackheads I have now (it's a miracle, I know), I will 100% leave a scar on my skin, whereas that didn't happen before, so I learned not to do that.  

In my previous posts I said I hadn't experienced any side effects other than the 'normal ones', like having dry eyes and lips. I'm afraid I have to amend: about 3 months into the treatment I realized that crying every other day was not completely normal. I am not a very positive individual by nature, but I am definitely not depressed, nor am I saying that Roaccutane made me depressed: but I cried a lot during the 3rd and 4th month of treatment. I honestly don't know if it was the pill or Roaccutane, because you have to take both at the same time in order to be able to take Roaccutane. 
I want to say it's worth it because it got rid of my acne I hope for ever, but I kinda want to say it's not worth it at the same time... it's something you have to judge for yourself if you are thinking about starting the treatment. 

I will definitely update you if anyhing new on the subject happens; also, let me know if you would like to see before and after photos.


           PS: la traduzione in italiano di tutti i post arriva presto ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment